The following topics will be discussed at tomorrow’s University Council Meeting, followed by a vote on the divestment proposal and a review of the findings of the Commission on Student Safety, Alcohol and Campus Life (see supplement).
1. Discussion of the lack of integration of mental health/psychological support services with residential programming across Penn, and a proposal for a possible pilot program that seeks to test the effectiveness of integrating CAPS with CHAS. Topic submitted by Emma Bergman, SPP’14.
2. Proposal for changes related to mental health and wellness. Topic submitted by Elana Stern, C’15.
3. Discussion of mental health on campus. Topic submitted by Michelle Chikaonda, C’06 and an administrative assistant in Undergraduate Admissions.
4. Presentation of a personal experience with trying to receive help with my mental and emotional issues here at Penn. Topic submitted by VanJessica Gladney, EAS’16.
5. Discussion of anxiety on campus. Topic submitted by Jun-Youb Lee, W’13, C’14.
6. Discussion of the challenges faced by new, student-run initiatives at the University of Pennsylvania. Topic submitted by Valentina Raman, C’15.
7. Discussion of the implementation of project-based learning into undergraduate and graduate curriculum and its relationship to civic engagement. Topic submitted by Stefan Ivanovski, GCP’15.
8. Discussion of the status of political discrimination on campus. Topic submitted by Varun Anand, C’16.
9. Discussion of a multi-media lab and production studio space. Topic submitted by Hanna Bottger, C’14.
10. Discussion of Penn divesting itself of tobacco. Topic submitted by Susan Sorenson, professor of social policy and senior fellow in Public Health.
11. Request to speak on behalf of the tobacco divestment proposal. Topic submitted by Charles O’Brien, Kenneth E. Appel Professor of Psychiatry.