Guests of degree candidates are strongly advised to make their reservations as early as possible. For hotel and travel information contact the following:
Traveling to Penn
Traveling to Penn by air
Traveling to Penn by rail
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- For New Jersey-PATCO information, please call (609) 772-6900 in NJ or call (215) 922-4600 in PA.
Traveling to Penn by bus
Traveling to Penn by car
- Driving directions to the Penn campus
Tips for attending the Commencement Ceremony at Franklin Field (an outdoor stadium):
- Motorized scooters and wheelchairs are permitted at Franklin Field
- Please note: if anyone in your party uses a wheelchair, please bring it with you. The stadium does not have wheelchairs available on site.
- Dress for the weather. Please note that umbrellas are not permitted this year in the stadium.
- Wear comfortable shoes
The influx of guests to campus for graduation coupled with the regular morning rush hour traffic creates tremendous congestion in the area around the University on Commencement morning. Guests are urged to allow extra time to reach the campus. Parking on and near the campus is limited.
For those who must drive to campus, parking facilities are available at the following locations:
- Walnut 38, University garage -- the northeast corner of 38th and Walnut Streets (enter on 38th Street)
- Sheraton University City, Hotel garage -- 36th and Chestnut Streets
- Walnut 40, University garage -- 40th and Walnut Streets
- Chestnut 34, University garage (limited parking) -- 34th and Chestnut Streets (enter on 34th Street)
- Walnut 32, University garage -- 32nd and Chestnut Streets
- Ludlow 34, University lot -- Ludlow St. (south side) between 33rd and 34th Streets
- Penn Park lot -- 31st and Lower Walnut Street (accessed off of Chestnut Street)
Maps of the campus are provided by Penn's Facilities and Real Estate Department for your convenience.
Explore the city with the help of The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation web site.