Creating/Resetting your External Password
Third-party applications, like Google Apps or the LinkedIn Widget, can't use PennKey to authenticate with Penn+Box. Instead, you will need to use an external password, which Penn+Box will prompt you for when accessing third party applications.
All external account passwords for Penn+Box must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Include upper- and lower-case letters
- Use at least two numbers
To create or reset your Penn+Box external password to access third party applications:
- Note: Do not use your PennKey password for your Penn+Box external password.
- Sign into your Penn+Box account at upenn.box.com.
- Click the "My Accounts" tab, then choose "Account Settings".
- Under "Create Password", enter and confirm a strong password, then click "Save".
- Make sure you save your changes for the new password to take effect. Note that Box will email a confirmation that your account has been updated.