Before printing, you will want to check your formatting in the Page mode so that you make sure all of your data will be showing the way that you need it to. For help, see Format a Report for Printing (fit to a page) (PDF).
If you only need one report printed, and you have editing permission, make sure your Web Intelligence Preferences for Viewing and Modifying reports is set to Applet.
- With the report you want printed open, click the Print icon.
- Note that in the Print Range area of the Print options, you can select Current Report or All. (Figure 1)
- Select Current Report, review the other options and then click Print.
Using this method, you avoid having to download and save the PDF with potentially sensitive data. It also is a bit quicker.
If you need to print several of the tabs (reports) of your document but not all of them, and you do not have access to the Applet mode, follow the method described below.
- From the main document menu, click on the Print icon. You can then Open the document as a PDF. (Figure 2)
- Click the Pages icon (upper left) in your PDF viewer to shift your navigation away from the defaulted Bookmarks to the Pages thumbnails. (Figure 3)
- Right-click in the thumbnails area and enlarge the thumbnails so that you can see their content a bit better.
- You can verify at this point the layout of your pages as well.
- If you need to do more formatting, click on the Page mode button in BI, do your formatting, and then shift back to PDF mode.
- Select the Pages that you need to print from the thumbnails and click Print.
- You can either hold down the shift key and select all within 2 clicks or use control-click to select non-contiguous pages to print.
Figure 1- Applet mode for printing one report.
Figure 2 - PDF
Figure 3-Change to Thumbnails for selecting pages to print.