Creating a shortcut:
- Select the corporate report that you need the shortcut for (Do not double-click or open the report!)
- Click on the 'Organize' drop-down and
- Select 'Copy shortcut' OR
- Right-click on the chosen report, select 'Organize' > 'Create shortcut'
- Click on the 'My Favorites' folder to expand it, then
- Click again on 'Organize' > 'Paste shortcut' OR
- Right-click on expanded 'My Favorites', then click on 'Organize' > 'Paste shortcut'.
This creates a shortcut to your chosen corporate report. The benefits of a shortcut over copying the report are the following:
- You will always have easy access the most up-do-date corporate report including any modifications/updates to the query.
- The query/report that you use will be always be correct in syntax, etc.
- BEST PRACTICE: Create shortcuts rather than copying reports unless you then make significant modifications to the query/report.
- Organize your shortcuts into personal folders according to how you will use them.
- Paste the shortcuts into any folder within 'My Favorites' that you prefer.
- Rename the shortcuts so that the titles are more helpful and don't all start with “Shortcut”!