CN Graduate Admissions Collection Refresh Schedule
Data about applicants and applications is refreshed weeknights, Monday through Friday, from the CollegeNet (CN) online application system. Data from schools who do not use AY for their admissions processing are uploaded periodically when the schools are ready to send their information; exact timeframes vary. Updates to the data mapping tables, such as the Program table, occur on an as-needed basis.
Source of the Data
There are multiple sources for the data in the CN Graduate Admissions collection:
- CollegeNet (CN) online application system.
- Legacy data: Data originally collected in Apply Yourself (AY) online application system.
- Non-AY schools' batch uploads of spreadhsheets, using the webapp "Admissions Supplement" (a FAST application).
- Educational Testing Services (ETS) for official GRE , SAT, and TOEFL scores.
- Data that are dependant on code mapping and program mapping come from the the webapp "Admissions Supplement".
Time Span Covered
The Graduate Admission data collection begain with Fiscal Year 2009, and the Core Data Standards, whose intent was to improve the quality and reliability of the data across schools, were implemented in 2011. Apply Yourself (AY) was used through the Spring semeseter of 2015. CollegeNet (CN) applications began in Spring of 2015.
When using the reporting tables in the warehouse, the recommendation for the earliest reporting starts with 2011. Some historical information for a few schools includes records as early as 1997.