Instructor-led Learning Opportunities
These opportunities are less numerous than the self-directed ones and therefore, if scheduling is going to be a problem, check out the self-directed opportunities and work through them first.
There are several categories of face-to-face classes or seiminars:
- Formal training in BusinessObjects' Web Intelligence is recommended for people who plan to write and edit queries. People who use the InfoView website to refresh queries, or who only use the Corporate Documents and do not plan to write a lot of their own queries, may not need to attend Business Objects training.
- On campus classes in Business Objects are scheduled in Knowledge Link. Note that these classes use
generic training data -- not actual Penn-specific data. People
who attend Business Objects training are strongly encouraged to
Administration about ways to learn more about the data they will be using.
- Sessions provide opportunities for individuals who would like the to experiment with creating their own
reports or modifying existing ones in the repository; Data Analysts will be on hand to advise attendees regarding
best practices and answer questions.
- Usually focuses on individual collections; notices sent out via listservs and sign up usually in Knowledge Link
User Group Meetings
- Users of data collections in the Data Warehouse are periodically invited to participate in group meetings to share experiences and questions review data element usage. In addition, smaller special interest groups may be formed to resolve specific collection-related issues. Warehouse users will be invited to meetings via collection-specific listservs.