Lists organizations (subdivisions of the University created for management purposes)
with their parent organizations (that is, their roll-up groups). A given organization
may have more than one parent. For example, organization 1319 (SEAS COPY CTR)
has parents DEAS (SEAS Office of the Dean Parent) and 13XX (School Of Engineering
and Applied Sciences Parent).
Generating reports using organization roll-up groups, showing amounts summarized
at different levels.
||Indexed Data Elements
- The table is only as good as its data. Spurious parent organizations may
not have been removed from the table, and some parents may have yet to be
added to the table.
- To create a hierarchy, use a self-join. Connect by prior may work but is
- Data is kept only for organization codes in use. If a BEN Financials roll-up
group range includes an organization code that does not exist, the table will
not have a record for that organization.
- There may be records for ORGs that do not play a role in the organization
hierarchy. These ORGs exist in the Ledger for particular operational purposes,
and may not have parents.
- Data is kept only for the latest mapping of the organizations and their
parents. Information on the parent of an organization is available only if
the organization's expiration date (in the ORG_CODES table) has not passed.
Questions about this page? Email us at email@example.com
|Information Systems and Computing|
University of Pennsylvania
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania