Contains budget, encumbrance, and actual balances for summary-level Accounting
Flexfields by accounting period. Balances are available for the month, the fiscal
year-to-date, and the project year-to-date. For budgets, balances are also available
for the total fiscal year.
Reporting on balances for selected summary-level Accounting Flexfields. For
example, "Show me the spendable balance for my center as of the end of the latest
||Indexed Data Elements
- This table contains balances only for summary-level accounts. For balances
for detail-level accounts (such as for object code 5412, WATER&SEWER),
see the BALANCES table.
- Most often, you will want data for just one accounting period. Beware summarizing
beginning balance, ending balance, fiscal year-to-date, project-to-date, fiscal
year total, or project total amounts for multiple accounting periods.
- It is often easiest to use ACCOUNTING_PERIOD when setting the record selection
conditions for queries. If, instead, Month or FISCAL_MONTH_SEQ are used in
the record selection conditions for a query, FISCAL_YEAR ought to be used
- When reporting on Organizations, be sure to select the data element that
meets your needs. COA_ORG is the ORGANIZATION segment of the COA_ACCOUNT (the
26-position Accounting Flexfield). COA_RESPONSIBLE_ORG is the code for the
ORGANIZATION responsible for managing the fund.
- The F_AND_A_RATE and the ICR_SCHOOL_PORTION are stored in the Balances table,
but are not stored in the Summary Balances table. A given F&A rate applies
only to balances for certain funds and certain object codes. The Summary Balances
are not summarized using those fund/object combinations, so using the F&A
rate in calculations involving a summary balance would generate incorrect
- For the rate actually used to calculate the indirect cost recovery amounts
each week, see the F_AND_A_RATE in the Balances table. For the rate awarded
by the sponsor, see the INDIRECT_COST_RATE in the Award table (whose value
may differ from that of the F_AND_A_RATE in cases where the awarded rate actually
floats based on the federally negotiated rate). For the rate quoted in the
project proposal, see the INDIRECT_COST_RATE in the Proposal table.
Questions about this page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org