PennERA B10 Upgrade Help
The PennERA (Electronic Research Administration) system was upgraded from release B9 to release B10 on April 27, 2005. The PennERA Proposals Data Collection in the Data Warehouse was refreshed with B10 data for the first time the evening of April 27.
Any queries that involve Period status or Period status history must be changed to use Request status, Increment status, Request status history, or Increment status history before they can be run on or after April 28. Any such queries that are Corporate Documents in the Business Objects Repository (also available via InfoView) have been converted by ISC. If you have any questions, please
e-mail them to SPONPROJ-WH@lists.upenn.edu
- Under release B10, status is no longer stored at the Period ("budget
period" or "grant year") level, but is stored for each Request and
for each Increment.
- New column: PENNERA_REQUEST.REQUEST_STATUS (current status of the Request). Values:
- Future Pending
- Revised Budget Requested
- New table: PENNERA_REQ_STAT_HIST (status history for the Request)
- New column: PENNERA_INCREMENT.INCREMENT_STATUS (current status of the Increment). Values:
- Advance Account
- New table: PENNERA_INCR_STAT_HIST (status history for the Increment)
- PENNERA_PERIOD.PERIOD_STATUS cannot be determined from the Request and
Increment statuses. For example, a Period could have a "Budget Period"
Request that is "Awarded," a "Supplement" Request that is "
Pending," an Increment that is "Awarded," and an Increment in
"Advance Account" status.
- PENNERA_PERIOD.PERIOD_STATUS will no longer be populated, and will be
removed from the Business Objects Universes (PennERA Proposals and PennERA Balances).
- The PENNERA_PERIOD_STAT_HIST table will no longer be populated, and
will be removed from the Business Objects Universes (PennERA Proposals
and PennERA Balances).
- PENNERA_PERIOD.CURRENT_AWARDED_FLAG is populated as follows:
- If the PENNERA_PERIOD.AWARDED_PERIOD_START_DATE is null or the
PENNERA_PERIOD.AWARDED_PERIOD_END_DATE is null, PENNERA_PERIOD.CURRENT_AWARDED_FLAG
will be null
- If the period has no increment whose current status is "Awarded,"
PENNERA_PERIOD.CURRENT_AWARDED_FLAG will be null
- If the period has at least one increment whose current status is
"Awarded," PENNERA_PERIOD.CURRENT_AWARDED_FLAG will be "P"
(if the system date falls after the PENNERA_PERIOD.AWARDED_PERIOD_END_DATE),"C"
(if the system date falls between the PENNERA_PERIOD.AWARDED_PERIOD_START_DATE and the
PENNERA_PERIOD.AWARDED_PERIOD_END_DATE), or "F" (if the system date
falls before the PENNERA_PERIOD.AWARDED_PERIOD_START_DATE )
- Period status values in B9 migrated to Request and Increment status values in B10. In most cases, the status, status date, and information on who entered the status data will be the same in B10 as in B9. For more information, see the Cautions section in the table documentation for PENNERA_REQUEST and PENNERA_INCREMENT.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
If you have a query that you plan to use on or April 28, 2005 that involves PENNERA_PERIOD.PERIOD_STATUS (or that uses any column in the PENNERA_PERIOD_STAT_HIST table), you need to revise that query to use PENNERA_REQUEST.REQUEST_STATUS or PENNERA_INCREMENT.INCREMENT_STATUS (or the PENNERA_REQ_STAT_HIST or PENNERA_INCR_STAT_HIST table).
If you did not revise the query before April 27, 2005—
For example, say you have a query that uses PENNERA_PERIOD.PERIOD_STATUS both as a Result Object and in a Condition (PENNERA_PERIOD.PERIOD_STATUS = ‘Advance Account’), and you need to change the query to use PENNERA_INCREMENT.INCREMENT_STATUS.
- Open the query in Business Objects. The report will look the same as it did the last time you ran it.
Click on the “Edit Data Provider” icon to revise your query. (The icon has a dark blue stripe across the top, a long white column on the left, and two short white columns stacked on the right.) Business Objects will display a message informing you that some obsolete objects have been removed. (PENNERA_PERIOD.PERIOD_STATUS was removed both from the Result Objects and Conditions in the Data Provider, and from the report.)
- Add PENNERA_INCREMENT.INCREMENT_STATUS to the Result Objects.
Add PENNERA_INCREMENT.INCREMENT_STATUS = ‘Advance Account’ to the Conditions.
- Run the query.
- Revise the report so that PENNERA_INCREMENT.INCREMENT_STATUS is displayed where you want it.
If you revised the query before April 27, 2005—
When you revised the query before April 27, you changed the Universe it used from ‘PennERA Proposals’ to ‘PennERA Proposals B10 testing’. Before you run the query for the first time on or after April 28, you must change the Universe back to ‘PennERA Proposals’. To change the Universe accessed by a query:
Open the query in Business Objects. Click on the icon that looks like a cube made of 9 blocks (the "View Data" icon). This will open the "Data Manager" window.
Click on the "Definition" tab
Click on the button with three dots (next to the "Universe" field)
In the "Change Universe" window, select the desired Universe from the list and click on OK
In the "Data Manager" window, click on OK
Click on the icon with the two blue arrows (the "Refresh Data" icon) to run the query against the Universe you just selected.
If you have any questions, please e-mail them to SPONPROJ-WH@lists.upenn.edu