Contains most current available biographic/demographic data for each employee whose records are managed in PennWorks.
The table includes employees who had Payroll records as of November 1, 2009, when PennWorks went live. There is one row per individual.
Retrieving biographic or demographic data on employees (for example,
name, birth date, campus mail code, education level, emergency
contact information, sex, marital status).
||Indexed Data Elements
- COMP_PERSON contains the latest available biographic/demographic data for the employees whose records are managed in PennWorks, which came into use on November 1, 2009. For individuals with Payroll records as of that date, matching biographic/demographic information appears in both DWCOMP.COMP_PERSON and DWADMIN.EMPLOYEE. (PennWorks data is fed to the mainframe Payroll system for Payroll processing. After that processing, the biographic/demographic data is fed from the Payroll system to the EMPLOYEE table.) Note: the EMPLOYEE table includes employees who had Payroll records on or after July 1, 1996. For employees with Payroll records prior to October 2009, biographic/demographic data is available in the EMPLOYEE table only.
- The presence of a record in the COMP_PERSON Table does not imply the employee
is active. Selection of "active employees" should be based on other criteria
(for more information, see the documentation for the Employment_Status data
- The following confidential columns in COMP_PERSON are restricted to users with access to the Home_ORG on the record: Affiliation_Code, Barg_Unit_Elig, Benefit_Base, Birth_Date, Country_of_Citizenship, Education_Field_of_Degree, Education_Level, Education_Level_Year, Emergency_Contact, Emergency_Contact_Phone, Emergency_Contact_Relationship, Exempt_Nonexempt, Full_Part_Time, Marital_Status, Military_Status, Original_Hire_Date, Pay_Status, Performance_Incentive_Eligible, Prior_Pay_Date, Publications_Mail_Code, Sex, Visa, Visa_Expiration_Date, Work_Phone1, Work_Phone2. Only individuals with access to the Home_ORG on the record, or a current Joint_ORG for the employee, will retrieve values in these columns, all other users will be able to view the columns, but will retrieve nulls for these elements.
- Keep in mind that this is the latest information about an employee - the
COMP_PERSON Table does not keep history about an employee. Historical snapshots
of employee information are available in the COMP_PERSON_SNAP
table, beginning with the NOV-09 period.
- Penn_ID should be used to uniquely identify records in COMP_PERSON, and to join COMP_PERSON to other tables in the Salary Management collection. Comp_Person_ID, while it is the primary key for the COMP_PERSON table, is used for internal PennWorks purposes only, and should never be used to identify an individual.
- The COMP_PERSON table can be found in the DWCOMP schema.
Questions about this page? Email us at email@example.com