Provides the longer version of employee home mailing addresses used for tax compliance and other purposes. Also includes work addresses. Each record has an ADDRESS_TYPE.
Retrieving the longer address for employees.
||Indexed Data Elements
- COMP_PERSON_LONG_ADDRESS contains the latest available long address and work address data for the employees whose records are managed in PennWorks. A similar table, COMP_PERSON_ADDRESS, stores more brief residence and permanent addresses which are fed to the mainframe Payroll system for Payroll processing. After that processing, the address data is fed from the Payroll system to the EMPLOYEE_ADDRESS table.
- The current address is "current" only in the
sense that it is what PennWorks listed as the current address in the most recent
record available for that employee. It is not necessarily true that this employee's
record even exists in the PennWorks system any more. Use Employment_Status in
the COMP_PERSON table to select desired employees.
- Permanent addresses (ADDRESS_TYPE = 'P') are usually used for employees whose permanent address differs from their current one (e.g., students, foreign residents). Although permanent addresses may also be available for other employees who have updated this information themselves, or asked their Business Administrator to do so, there is no requirement that the field be populated, and so some employees may only have a current address (ADDRESS_TYPE = 'C') available.
- Work addresses (ADDRESS_TYPE = 'W') are the primary work location for the employee. The work address is entered by the Personnel/Payroll Administrator. For employees working on-campus the work address contains a mail code only. For employees work off-campus, the work address contains a custom address. For employees working outside the United States the work address contains a country only.
- You can access a COMP_PERSON_LONG_ADDRESS row only if you are authorized to access
data for the employee's home center or organization, or a current joint organization for the employee.
- For on-campus contact information (such as mail code and work phone), refer
to the COMP_PERSON table.
- The COMP_PERSON_LONG_ADDRESS table can be found in the DWCOMP schema.
Questions about this page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Information Systems and Computing|
University of Pennsylvania
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania