Contains summary data on payments to employees, and reallocations. The table
is intended to save query time for queries that only need data at the fiscal
year level. There is one record per employee, fiscal year of payment and account
To quickly retrieve employee payment data summarized at the fiscal year level.
||Indexed Data Elements
- EMPLOYEE_PAYMENT_SUMMARY contains payment data summarized by employee, fiscal
year, and account number. For data on payments to employees broken down by
the date of the paycheck, use the EMPLOYEE_PAYMENT table.
- Since there is only one record per person per account per fiscal year, and
payment totals are updated, Home_Dept_Org and Home_School_Ctr and Job_Class are only loaded
once. For example, if a person moves ORGs or jobs within the fiscal year, but is paid from
the same account combination, Home_Dept, Home_Dept_Org, Home_School, Home_School_Ctr and Job_Class
will retain their original values for the fiscal year.
- You can access an EMPLOYEE_PAYMENT_SUMMARY record only if you are authorized
to access data for the employee's home school or organization, or the payment
account CNAC, ORG or Responsible_Org. Access to SSN is further restricted to specifically authorized individuals.
- As a result of the University's Classification Redesign Project, a new job
classification system for staff positions was developed in 1998. Job classes
in the online Payroll system and the Data Warehouse were converted to this
new system over April 8 - 9, 1998. Some classes were reused, however; only
the attributes now used for those classes are available. Faculty classes were
unaffected by this conversion.
- Use of 5-character Payroll department codes and 2-character Payroll school
codes was phased out at the end of June 1998, when the Payroll system became
fully compliant with the present General Ledger accounting structure. These
columns should be null for all records from fiscal year 1999 onward; in these
records, refer to Dept_Org and School_Ctr columns instead.
- Keep in mind that encumbrances and payments for executive paid individuals
(JOB_CLASS.Personnel_Class 'EX' or EMPLOYEE_JOB.Appt_Employee_Type '6') are
not available in the Data Warehouse. These payments are stored in sum with all
others from the same account combination (by period) in the General Ledger
collection (and in BEN Financials) however, so cross-footing those account
combinations between Data Warehouse collections or system reports may be difficult.
- The EMPLOYEE_PAYMENT_SUMMARY table can be found in the DWADMIN schema.
Questions about this page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org