Contains all earnings/tax adjustments as well as the hours
and dollars associated with those earnings. There is one record per person, PAR sequence, earnings type and account combination.
To determine employee earnings hour or dollar details, by pay cycle.
||Indexed Data Elements
- Because the PAR_EARNINGS table stores records for each employee payment
or reallocation by earnings type, there may be more than one record per employee,
account number, and pay end date. The PAR_ERN_Sequence_Number is used to distinguish
one payment or reallocation from another for the employee, account number,
earnings type and pay end date.
- To retrieve earnings amounts or hours by accounting period, fiscal month or year or calendar month or year, join to the PAR_MAIN data (based on common pay cycle, pay end date, pay schedule, PAR sequence number and SSN), and select the desired time period columns from PAR_MAIN. (This join exists already in the Business Objects RSALMGT universe.)
- Currently, the Salary Management collection does include some Employee Benefits,
and vacation and sick time data are only available for weekly paid employees.
Benefits payments are summarized at the 26-digit account level in the BALANCES
table in the General Ledger collection (using the appropriate object codes,
such as 5190, EB Full Time).
- You can access a PAR_EARNINGS record only if you are authorized to
access data for the employee's home school or organization, or the payment
account CNAC, ORG or Responsible_Org. Keep in mind that records for executive paid individuals are not accessible to end-users in the Data Warehouse. Access to SSN is further restricted to specifically authorized individuals.
- The Data Warehouse is updated with PAR, payments and encumbrance data directly
following Salary Management, which may actually be a couple days in advance
of BEN Financials. To pull matching data from BEN Financials, Salary Management
and the Data Warehouse at the end of a period you'll need to run your system
reports and Warehouse queries between the Tuesday after payroll runs, producing
the last weekly check for the month, and before the Monday of the following
week. By that last Tuesday, monthly payroll has already been run, so those
actuals and updated encumbrances will be correct. This limits the risk of
retrieving data from Salary Management or the Warehouse for the last weekly
pay of the month which may, in fact, be posted to the next BEN Financials
Accounting Period. (For example, for AUG-99, reports would have to have been
run between August 27 and August 30th.)
- The PAR_EARNINGS table can be found in the DWPAY schema.
Questions about this page? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org