Guidelines for Sharing Queries/Reports
If you would like to contribute queries (also called 'corporate reports') to the shared repository, or have questions about sharing queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of ISC's Enterprise Information & Analytics team will be glad to assist you.
You may also share queries/reports with other users. In preparing a query for the repository, please follow these guidelines:
- Use prompts with your conditions/query filters to keep the query as generic as possible, and to take advantage of the Data Warehouse built-in security. (For example, COA Org = [prompt], rather than a hard-coded value.)
- Purge the data from your query before sending, so that others will not be able to see your confidential data.
- Prepare some brief accompanying documentation for your query so that Enterprise Information & Analytics can make it generally available. Some helpful information might be
- suggested use,
- any special timing issues or cautions,
- a list of all result objects and conditions, and
- the logic for any report variables.
Please suggest a source for verification of results, if possible.