ISC Networking and Telecommunications Email Services
ISC Networking & Telecommunications offers two email services:
Select Zimbra if your organization:
- supports a mix of PC, Mac or Linux clients for mail.
- does not depend on third-party client access to a calendar system. The Zimbra web client has full-featured calendar support. There is limited support for other third-party clients at this time and separate credentials are required for calendar access.
- depends on ISC's recommended authentication platform, Kerberos.
- is a school that wishes to allow students to self-provision accounts.
- wishes to suport only a full-featured web client that works in any modern browser, or the same
- considers cost a strong factor in your decision making.
Select Exchange if your organization:
- supports a majority of PC clients.
Microsoft Entourage provides access to Exchange services for Mac users, but there are substantial feature gaps between Entourage and Outlook.
- does not depend on ISC's recommended authentication platform, Kerberos.
- has webmail users who primarily use the Internet Explorer browser. Other browsers offer less functionality with Outlook Web Access.
- does not consider cost a strong factor in your decision making.
Select both services if your organization:
Consult with ISC regarding your service selection if there are mitigating factors not listed here.
- has a mix of business users, faculty, and students, and you support different classes of service for those constituencies.
- does not require full-featured scheduling across platforms and across services.
Update - 8:30pm We have addressed the immediate problem with the mailbox server by reducing load and allowing the server to get back to steady state. Access to the server was restored at 6:30pm and we have been closely monitoring the server for the past two hours. We will continue to monitor the situation throughout the weekend and will take more steps to redistribute load in the very near future.
Update - 3:00pm We opened a trouble ticket with our vendor.
1/27/2017, 9:00am We are experiencing performance problems with one of the four mailbox servers for the zimbra email service. Users whose mailboxes are on this one server may be able to access their mail intermittently while we are investigating and debugging but overall will not be able to access mail. We will continue our investigation.
Exchange Service Alerts
Update: 11/9/2016, 4:00pm - Database access is now reinstated including for the Exchange Account Management application.
Update: 11/9/2016, 2:45pm - Access to all mailboxes should be fixed now.
The database connectivity to mailboxes is once again working. Unfortunately, this database connectivity problem also affected the Exchange Account Management application and that application continues to be down. We do not expect that the application will be available again until later this evening.
Update: 11/9/2016, 2:00pm - We are still investigating the problem which is affecting a portion of our users. Some users will continue to experience problems connecting to the mailbox database as we continue our investigation.
We will share updates as we can.
11/9/2016, 11:45am - A portion of our Exchange users are failing to connect to the Exchange OWA. We are aware of the problem and are running a cleanup program to restore access.
11/18/2016, 9:00am - Last night Dimension Data pushed through an emergency fix to reinstate the mailbox enable function for Cloud Control. This has been tested and things appear to be back to normal.
11/17/2016, 2:30pm - LSPs are unable to mailbox enable PennO365 accounts through the account management tool, Cloud Control. We are reporting the failure in this module to the vendor developers and will report back as we receive updates.