ISC Networking and Telecommunications Microsoft Exchange Service
ISC Networking and Telecommunications offers a Microsoft Exchange 2010 service for schools and centers at the University that elect to purchase the service.
If your department or school is interested in acquiring this service on the ISC Networking and Telecommunications server, please ask your Local Support Provider (LSP) to contact
email@example.com. In order to get you started, we'll need: (1) a budget code and (2) list of PennNames for users who require access to Account Management.
- Integrated Email, Calendaring, Tasks, and Contacts using the following clients:
See the Feature Matrix for a full list of features supported by each client.
- Windows: Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook Web App (full)
- Mac OS X: Entourage 2008, Outlook 2011 for Mac, Outlook Web App (light)
- Handhelds: Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry, Palm + Exchange ActiveSync (for calendar/contacts)
- Email using any supported IMAP or POP client (see the Supported Products page for the current list of Email clients).
- User@upenn.edu addressing, in addition to @pobox.upenn.edu and the option of other hosted domains.
- Virus scanning and spam filtering of all email
- Mobile Access from supported handheld devices.
- Unified Messaging for PennNet Phone subscribers
- 1 GB
disk quota for all, email, calendaring, tasks, and contacts items
- Additional disk quota for a fee (see Rates page), up to 4 GB max quota
- Please note that the size of any individual mail message that is sent or
received cannot be greater than 30MB.
- Self-service restores of deleted items using Outlook 2007/2010 and Outlook Web App "Restore Deleted Items" feature
- File restoration (not yet available - see How do I get data restored for details) to complement self-service method
- Account Management for Local Support Providers (LSPs) to create, modify and view accounts they manage.
Update = 11/24/2015 - 12:10pm - We had some residual problems with one of the Zimbra servers which required a reboot but that service is stable now.
Update - 11/24/2015, 12:00pm - Mail delivery across all ISC email services is returning to normal. We are still seeing some performance problems with the Zimbra Webmail Client for a portion of our Zimbra users since we are still seeing some errors with one of the Zimbra mailbox servers. We will continue to work on the problem.
Update - 11/25/2015, 11:30am
All ISC email services are being affected for the delayed mail delivery including Penn O365, Zimbra and Exchange. We are still investigating.
11/25/2015, 10:00am - We are experiencing some hardware issues in the infrastructure that supports our Zimbra service that is resulting in delayed mail delivery and slow response time for a portion of our users. We are investigating and will provide updates as we can.