ISC Networking and Telecommunications Microsoft Exchange Service
ISC Networking and Telecommunications offers a Microsoft Exchange 2010 service for schools and centers at the University that elect to purchase the service.
If your department or school is interested in acquiring this service on the ISC Networking and Telecommunications server, please ask your Local Support Provider (LSP) to contact
email@example.com. In order to get you started, we'll need: (1) a budget code and (2) list of PennNames for users who require access to Account Management.
- Integrated Email, Calendaring, Tasks, and Contacts using the following clients:
See the Feature Matrix for a full list of features supported by each client.
- Windows: Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook Web App (full)
- Mac OS X: Entourage 2008, Outlook 2011 for Mac, Outlook Web App (light)
- Handhelds: Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0, Windows Phone 7, BlackBerry, Palm + Exchange ActiveSync (for calendar/contacts)
- Email using any supported IMAP or POP client (see the Supported Products page for the current list of Email clients).
- User@upenn.edu addressing, in addition to @pobox.upenn.edu and the option of other hosted domains.
- Virus scanning and spam filtering of all email
- Mobile Access from supported handheld devices.
- Unified Messaging for PennNet Phone subscribers
- 1 GB
disk quota for all, email, calendaring, tasks, and contacts items
- Additional disk quota for a fee (see Rates page), up to 4 GB max quota
- Please note that the size of any individual mail message that is sent or
received cannot be greater than 30MB.
- Self-service restores of deleted items using Outlook 2007/2010 and Outlook Web App "Restore Deleted Items" feature
- File restoration (not yet available - see How do I get data restored for details) to complement self-service method
- Account Management for Local Support Providers (LSPs) to create, modify and view accounts they manage.
Exchange Service Alerts
Update: 11/9/2016, 4:00pm - Database access is now reinstated including for the Exchange Account Management application.
Update: 11/9/2016, 2:45pm - Access to all mailboxes should be fixed now.
The database connectivity to mailboxes is once again working. Unfortunately, this database connectivity problem also affected the Exchange Account Management application and that application continues to be down. We do not expect that the application will be available again until later this evening.
Update: 11/9/2016, 2:00pm - We are still investigating the problem which is affecting a portion of our users. Some users will continue to experience problems connecting to the mailbox database as we continue our investigation.
We will share updates as we can.
11/9/2016, 11:45am - A portion of our Exchange users are failing to connect to the Exchange OWA. We are aware of the problem and are running a cleanup program to restore access.