ISC Networking and Telecommunications Email Services
ISC Networking & Telecommunications offers two email services:
Select Zimbra if your organization:
- supports a mix of PC, Mac or Linux clients for mail.
- does not depend on third-party client access to a calendar system. The Zimbra web client has full-featured calendar support. There is limited support for other third-party clients at this time and separate credentials are required for calendar access.
- depends on ISC's recommended authentication platform, Kerberos.
- is a school that wishes to allow students to self-provision accounts.
- wishes to suport only a full-featured web client that works in any modern browser, or the same
- considers cost a strong factor in your decision making.
Select Exchange if your organization:
- supports a majority of PC clients.
Microsoft Entourage provides access to Exchange services for Mac users, but there are substantial feature gaps between Entourage and Outlook.
- does not depend on ISC's recommended authentication platform, Kerberos.
- has webmail users who primarily use the Internet Explorer browser. Other browsers offer less functionality with Outlook Web Access.
- does not consider cost a strong factor in your decision making.
Select both services if your organization:
Consult with ISC regarding your service selection if there are mitigating factors not listed here.
- has a mix of business users, faculty, and students, and you support different classes of service for those constituencies.
- does not require full-featured scheduling across platforms and across services.
Update - 5/10/2016, 11:00am - Yesterday's situation seems more stable than even last night and we continue to see infrequent message delays of 2-3 minutes. We are still monitoring but have no new information on the cause.
Update - 5/9/2016, 7:00pm - We are not seeing an obvious root cause of the problem. Things appear stable since
servers are no longer disconnecting but we continue to see some warnings of mail
delivery slowness. We'll continue to monitor the situation.
5/9/2016, 4:40pm - We have identified a problem with the ISC managed mail routers. The servers are intermittently dropping connections. We suspect this this behavior probably results in slowness in mail delivery but are still investigating. Please be aware that a problem with the mail routers will affect Exchange, Zimbra and PennO365 email services. We will send updates as we can.
5/4/2016, 4:30pm - We have received reports from a few of our users of undelivered mail, delivery delays, and slowness within the OWA application. We believe that this degradation in service may be due to an upgrade that Microsoft is rolling out today. We've opened a ticket with premier support and will send updates, if we receive any additional information.