Dreamweaver Configuration for SFTP (Windows/Mac OS)
Follow the steps below to configure SFTP transfers with Dreamweaver to origin.www.upenn.edu.
- Launch Dreamweaver.
- From the Site menu, choose Manage Sites... The Manage Sites dialog box
- Click the New... button and select Site to define a new site, or highlight your existing site and click the Edit... button. The Site Definition for name of site dialog box appears.
- If you are in Dreamweaver CS4, click on the Advanced tab.
- Click Local Info in the left sidebar, and enter an appropriate name for the site (such as My Website) in the Site name: field.
- If necessary, set your Local root folder and Default images folder where you keep your local HTML and image files for your site.
- Click Remote Info in the left sidebar, and in the Access dropdown menu, choose FTP. Enter the following information accordingly:
FTP host: origin.www.upenn.edu
Host directory: The name of the web directory for which you have access (for example,
/usr/local/ftp/[virtualhostname]/html/directoryname if you use a virtual host on origin.www.upenn.edu).
Login: Your account name, usually the same as your PennKey username
Password: Your password on origin.www.upenn.edu (Set your local password)
[Ensure the Use firewall checkbox is unchecked (temporarily uncheck Use Secure FTP (SFTP) if the option is grayed out)
[Ensure the Use Secure FTP (SFTP) checkbox is checked]
- Click the OK button to dismiss the Site Definition dialog box.
- Click the Done button to dismiss the Manage Sites dialog box.
- You can now transparently upload or download files within Dreamweaver to origin.www.upenn.edu. Select Files from the Window menu (or press F8).
- For more information about file transfer in Dreamweaver, see this Adobe
tutorial on how to publish your site.
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania