Fetch Configuration for SFTP (Mac OS)
Follow the steps below to configure SFTP transfers with Fetch to origin.www.upenn.edu.
- Launch Fetch 5.6. The New Connection dialog box appears.
- In the Hostname: field, enter an appropriate name for your connection (such as origin.www.upenn.edu).
- in the Username: field, enter your account name, usually the same as your PennKey username
- In the Connect using: dropdown menu, choose SFTP
- In the Password: field, enter your password on origin.www.upenn.edu (Set your local password)
- If you are configuring to access a specific directory on origin.www.upenn.edu, add the directory name after /usr/local/ftp/html/ in the Initial Folder: field. Otherwise, enter the complete URL of the directory that you are authorized to access.
- Leave the Port: field blank.
After completing the above steps, save the connection as a shortcut to quickly access origin.www by clicking the Shortcuts (heart) icon or by clicking on the Shortcuts menu:
- Click the Heart icon located at the top of the New Connection window.
- Select Make Shortcut... from the dropdown list.
- Enter an appropriate name for the shortcut (such as origin.www.upenn.edu) then click the OK button.
- When the New Connection window redisplays, click the Connect button.
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania