How to Configure Mac OS 10.6 Applications for Exchange (Mac OS 10.6.x)
This document provides instructions for configuring Mac OS 10.6 applications (Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Book) for use with Microsoft Exchange-based email and calendaring.
- Launch Apple Mail. The Welcome to Mail dialog box appears.
- In the Full Name: field, enter your full name.
- In the Email Address: field, enter your full Exchange email address, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org (you will change this to your organizational address later)
- In the Password: field, enter your email password.
- Click the Continue button. After a short period of time, the Account Summary dialog box appears.
- For full Exchange groupware functionality, ensure that the Address Book contacts and iCal calendars checkboxes are selected.
- Click the Create button. The Exchange environment begins to load in Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Book. Depending on how much mail, contacts, and calendar items are in your Exchange account, this may take a while.
- Select Preferences... from the Mail menu.
- Click the Accounts icon.
- Select the Exchange 2007 account in the left-hand pane.
- Click the Account Information tab.
- In the Description: field, enter a meaningful description such as ISC Exchange.
- In the Email Address: field, enter your preferred organizational email address, i.e. email@example.com
- Close the Accounts window. A dialog appears asking if you want to save changes to your Exchange account.
- Click the Save button.
Enabling LDAP in Mac OS 10.6 Applications
To use Address Book and/or Apple Mail with the Penn Online Directory, please follow the instructions located here.
Primary computing support is usually located in the schools, units, and residences, close to the faculty, staff, and students being served. Contact lists are available for:
To look up your local support provider, select your University affiliation above. You also may call First Call at 215-573-4778 to request a referral if you are not sure who to contact.