How to Delete Viruses from Norton AntiVirus Quarantine
(Mac OS Panther/Tiger)
Norton AntiVirus provides a Quarantine section to hold and segregate virus-infected
files it is unable to repair with the current set of virus definitions.
Follow these instructions to permanently delete files from Quarantine.
Note: You will need your Administrator password to use the
- Launch Norton AntiVirus from your Applications folder (Go → Applications → Norton
- From the Tools menu, select Quarantine. The
Quarantine window appears.
- To permanently remove the infected file or group of files from your computer,
highlight the files and click the Delete button.
- You can select the other
options, but do so cautiously:
- Repair: Select this option only if you have
downloaded new virus definitions since the infected file was added
to Quarantine. New virus
definitions may be able to repair the file.
- Restore: First know that
restoring a file does not repair it. Only restore a file once you
have confirmed that the file does not contain a virus.
- To exit Norton AntiVirus,
select Quit from the File menu or press the Command-Q keys.
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania