Client Care Pilot Begins October 6, 2014
September 5, 2014 :: Redefining ISC
As part of its Redefinition program, Information Systems & Computing (ISC) will launch Client Care, a new service that will provide the University community a consistent and efficient way to order and request ISC services and support. Client Care will serve as a single point of contact for ISC's services, and will eventually consolidate over 19 stand-alone service entry points to provide a "best-in-class" experience for faculty, staff, students, and alumni. The pilot will start on October 6, 2014 and is expected to end in January 2015.
The Client Care pilot will offer a number of benefits to the Penn community, including:
- One-stop ordering for ISC services and support. One new telephone number and one new email address to provide a single way to order and request services and support, such as a new service installation, repairs, technical assistance, and billing questions.
- One telephone number that will serve for both regular and critical IT-related issues. Calling one telephone number will help Client Care expedite response since information about all IT-related issues will be handled from a central location.
- Extended business hours from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Timely communications via email and chat about the status of service requests.
- A new, mobile-friendly website that will serve as a portal where needed information, tools, and resources are gathered in one place.
- Calls that are directed to a Client Care representative during regular business hours of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. After business hours, a streamlined automated menu system will help speed up the calling process.
- A computing "referral service" for requests related to other Penn IT services.
Please contact the project managers Dawn Augustino at www.upenn.edu/computing/isc/redefine or Amy Phillips at www.upenn.edu/computing/isc/redefine for more information or if you have questions about the pilot. For questions and information regarding ISC's overall redefinition process, please contact www.upenn.edu/computing/isc/redefine or visit the website at www.upenn.edu/computing/isc/redefine.