PennWorks Additional Pay
On February 22, 2011, the new online Additional Pay module became available in PennWorks. This release replaced and streamlined the former paper-based Additional Pay process by allowing people who complete or sign these forms to submit, track, and approve Additional Pay requests electronically.
Key Features and Benefits
The key features and benefits of online Additional Pay include:
- Ability for a PennWorks user to enter an Additional Pay request
- Availability of both individual and group Additional Pay requests
- Ability to copy an existing Additional Pay request
- Ability to request Additional Pays for a future pay date
- Ability to attach supporting documentation to the request
- Automatic routing to the next level approver with e-mail notification
- Ability to view request status throughout the approval process
- Improved reporting capability through expanded Data Warehouse collection
- Ability for School/Center access administrators to manage their approver lists
Access and Training
Authorized users who have successfully completed the web-based training may access the Additional Pay module at the following URL with a Penn-supported web browser after PennKey authentication:
When the PennWorks main page loads, click "Additional Pay" in the left toolbar.
Note: Users who did not complete the required training do not currently have access to the new online Additional Pay module. To obtain access, follow the instructions below:
Reference Materials Available
Online reference materials for PennWorks Additional Pay are available on FTD's Documentation page. See the "PennWorks Additional Pay - How To" section for help documents.
Also, "How-To" documents are available within the PennWorks application, which are accessible by clicking on "Resources" in the left toolbar when logged on to the application.
Users who have successfully completed the web-based training will only need to authenticate in PennWorks using their PennKey and PennKey password before accessing the Additional Pay module with a Penn-supported web browser.
If you do not have a PennKey, or if you have a PennKey but forgot your password, go to the PennKey web site for more information at http://www.upenn.edu/computing/pennkey/. If you have any questions about the desktop requirements, contact your Local Support Provider. For a contact list, go to http://www.upenn.edu/computing/view/support/.
For help with the online Additional Pay module, call the help line at 6-HELP (215-746-4357), enter your 2-digit School/Center code (the first 2 digits of your CNAC), then choose the Additional Pay option under the PennWorks menu. This single help-desk number can be used for all operational and technical questions.
If you have questions about the PennWorks project, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to PennWorks Project page