Service Overview: General IT Consulting
Information Systems and Computing (ISC) provides consulting services to assist clients with the planning and delivery of projects and programs. Services fall into several categories:
- assisting clients with project planning, from project need definition to project proposal, including use case development
- building project teams;
- facilitating project meetings;
- mentoring project managers;
- risk management;
- evaluating and selecting vendors; and
- developing project plans and frameworks for the successful implementation of projects.
NOTE: Project guidelines, templates and best practices are also available.
- assisting with Business Process Reviews;
- evaluating current IT capabilities;
- assisting with activities associated with designing and/or implementing information technology, including:
- IT assessment;
- feasibility studies;
- current systems analysis;
- requirements definition (including conducting interviews and facilitating focus groups, business process redesign including production of "as is" and "to be" process flow documentation);
- preparing Requests for Proposal (RFP) documents; and,
- evaluating vendor responses.
In addition, ISC provides consulting services to assist researchers with identifying technology needs, costs and options for their research.
- providing leadership and support for administrative eLearning programs;
- assisting clients with the effective use of the University's Learning Management Systems suite;
- planning training delivery and management; and,
- providing best practices and options of training resources available at Penn.
For information about eLearning services, contact: