lynda.com @ Penn
A number of Schools and Centers at Penn are providing lynda.com training to their faculty and staff. Lynda.com is an online training library that provides access to over 1,000 courses and 59,000 tutorials covering a wide selection of topics. Software tutorials include products widely used on campus such as the Microsoft Office suite as well as specialized software including Blackboard, SPSS, Google Analytics, and Drupal. Lynda.com also offers tutorials on beta and pre-release versions of software! To facilitate learning, the tutorials include exercise files so that you can follow along step-by-step, and work with the same assets as the instructors. New courses are added weekly, and cover popular topics ranging from mobile web design, to HTML 5, to understanding the principles of effective meetings and presentations.
Logging in to lynda.com
- Use your Pennkey and password as your login credentials to access the full lynda.com library, including exercise files.
- To log in to lynda.com, you must do so from this page or lynda.upenn.edu Do not go directly to www.lynda.com.
- If you wish to bookmark lynda.com for easy access, your bookmark must point to this page or lynda.upenn.edu
- Lynda.com will allow you to track your progress, report on classes taken, and create bookmarks based on your Pennkey login.
- When you have finished, log out from lynda.com.
- Access to lynda.com from an iPad or iPhone is available with the lynda.com app. When using the lynda.com app, use the Web Portal Access to point to upenn.edu
- Penn's Law School created a page on getting started with lynda.com available at: www.law.upenn.edu/blogs/its/docs/lynda/index.html
- If your authentication fails, your School or Center is probably not participating, but you may still have lynda.com available to you. Check with your Local Support Provider (LSP).
- To find the current system requirements for using lynda.com, see system requirements .
- For troubleshooting video play and technical support, first check the lynda.com Frequently Asked Questions . If you can't resolve your question via the FAQ, you can also reach lynda.com technical support toll-free at 1-888-33-LYNDA (1-888-335-9632) or contact lynda.com by email .
- To learn how to use lynda.com and how to keep current with new offerings, use the links to the right under Resources @ lynda.com.