How to register
PennKey registration is an easy process.
- Obtain a PennKey Setup Code following the instructions at About PennKey Setup Codes.
- Log in to the PennKey application and follow the prompts to register your PennKey and password.
- (Optional) Enroll in Challenge-Response so you can initiate the password reset process online should you forget your password. Note: If you have access to sensitive information, you should not participate in Challenge-Response.
Some useful information relating to the registration process
- Setup Codes expire in 60 days or once you've registered your PennKey and password, whichever comes first.
- PennKey and many (not all) other systems at Penn draw username data from a central source known as PennNames. If you have previously created an account on another University system linked to PennNames, you will already have a username on record in the PennNames database and your PennKey will be set automatically to that username. You will, however, still need to set your PennKey password.
- It's wise to review the tips on creating a strong password and be prepared with a sufficiently strong password.