Wallplates offer connectivity to three major communications services. Before you ask your Local Support Provider to order new wallplate installations or port activations, check in with your coworkers to determine whether they also need PennNet, Voice, or Penn Video Network services. You may also want to examine the physical locations where you plan to install new wallplates to determine if any already exist.
Deactivation Service and Billing PolicyThis service agreement is intended to provide efficient service delivery of all data port deactivation requests and accurate record keeping within ISC.
- Customers will be billed for an active port until a deactivation for that port is requested.
- All deactivation requests not related to a large project should be sent to ISC Networking and Telecommunications (N&T) using our online activation/deactivation request form.
- Customers using OMS will receive at least three email communications for each deactivation request: 1) an automated response after submitting the form, 2) a confirmation from a customer service person that includes a service order number, and 3) a message that the deactivation request is complete.
- For large projects managed by an N&T Project Manager, port deactivation requests should be submitted by email directly to ISC Client Care at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customers who request extended service (service beyond the original deactivation request date) on a port deactivation request will be billed for port activity to the extension date. The original requestor must authorize the extended service request.
- Customers are required to provide Outlet IDs for each port to be deactivated. If a customer prefers not to include Outlet ID info in a deactivation request (either for smaller requests or for projects), that customer can pay to have an N&T technician collect Outlet ID information.
- All customer communications with N&T regarding a particular deactivation request must include reference to the specific service order number assigned to the request. Once a deactivation request is complete, a new request must be sent to N&T to reactivate the port.