AirPennNet-Help & XpressConnect Wizard
AirPennNet-Help is a wireless network which delivers a wizard called XpressConnect to assist University of Pennsylvania students, faculty, staff, and guests with a PennKey to configure and connect their devices to AirPennNet.
After selecting AirPennNet-Help from their list of available wireless networks, users should launch a browser to access the XpressConnect Wizard. Users will need a PennKey user name and password in order to connect to AirPennNet. They will not have an internet connection while connected to AirPennNet-Help.
- Visit http://airpennnet-help.net.isc.upenn.edu/ available on campus through the AirPennNet-Help wireless network. After reading the important information pertaining to your device, follow the "continue to XpressConnect" link at the bottom of the page.
- Check the box to acknowledge Penn's policy on Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources, and then click start.
- Upon clicking start, the XpressConnect wizard will load and begin to scan your device to identify which steps are necessary to appropriately configure your laptop for AirPennNet. Please Note: The wizard will attempt to load automatically using a Java Applet or Active X controls depending upon your OS and browser. You may need to click the "manual download page" link and follow the on-screen directions, if it does not load automatically.
- XpressConnect will go through several steps to determine your connectivity status. It may ask you, more than once, to enter your credentials for AirPennNet, which is your PennKey and password. Each time you are prompted, enter your credentials in the appropriate boxes and then click continue.
- The wizard requires elevated user account privileges to make configuration changes in your operating system. If requested, please supply your laptop's administrative username and password to continue.
- Computers running MacOS do not require additional, 3rd-party software to connect to AirPennNet. However, Windows computers do require additional software called SecureW2. If you do not currently have the most recent version of SecureW2 on your computer, XpressConnect will install it for you and then will prompt you to restart your computer. After you restart your computer, the XpressConnect wizard will automatically relaunch. Click continue to carry on with the configuration process.
- On Windows computers, during the Authentication step of the wizard, a bubble may appear in the lower-right corner of the screen. If it appears, click in the center of the bubble and enter your PennKey username and password when prompted and then click the "retry" button in the XpressConnect wizard.
XpressConnect will then validate connectivity. In Windows there is the added feature that if you anticipate you would like to revert the changes XpressConnect has made to your computer later, you may click on the link on the validation screen to create a shortcut on your desktop to uninstall and revert.
For more information, follow the links below: