Current state of computing at Penn
This is a partial table of contents of the briefing book commissioned by the Task Force to Restructure
Computing across Penn.
Who does what for whom?
- Penn facts
- Penn as a set of metaphors
- Penn as a set of "value streams"
- Penn as a set of data categories
At what cost?
- Computing services and headcount across Penn
- Information technology "value streams"
- Stated role of central computing group
Under what funding model?
- FY'93 estimate: cost of academic and administrative
computing at Penn
In what technology landscape?
- Here's how the Budget Office explains Responsibility
Center Management to the new Trustees
- Penn's current computing environment
- Inventory of locally supported administrative systems
- Inventory of centrally supported administrative systems
- Risk assessment
- Current PennNet architecture
- Current telephone architecture
- Current video network architecture
distributed computing architecture
Information Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania