Telephone Support Providers
ISC Networking and Telecommunications recommends that departments identify a Telephone Support Provider (TSP) to be responsible for ordering and supporting telephone services. The TSP may be the staff member who supports the traditional telephone service or an IT LSP.
Telephone Service Orders & Repair Requests
Traditional and PennNet telephone service orders should be made using N&T's Online Support Forms. ISC requests 10 business days notice for all voice installation requests. Telephone support providers or an IT LSP can enter repair requests related to traditional phone service or PennNet phone service using N&T's Online Repair Request Form. The standard service level agreement offered by ISC Network Operations is to respond to repair requests within 4 hours with a resolution provided within one business day.
Converting Traditonal Phones to PennNet Phones
When considering converting traditional phones to PennNet phones, here are some important facts which may be helpful.
- PennNet phones will not work during a power outage.
- 911 and 511 services remain the same between traditional and PennNet phone services.
- Security, fax, elevator phone, fire alarm, and modem lines will not be converted to PennNet phone service.
- The following services are not available with PennNet Phone service:
- Intercom Service
- TRAC or AUTH class of service codes - these class of service codes require the customers to dial a code in order to make a long distance call. However, local and long distance charges are 50% lower than our traditional phone service.
- Customers with high call volume should consider our ACD Call Center services.