AirPennNet Tips: Reporting a Problem
If you continue to have trouble accessing wireless after using the troubleshooting
techniques in the tips section, please report the problem to your support
provider. Provide as much information as possible. Simply sharing the time
of day you had trouble accessing the service along with the specifics of your
location and the type of wireless device you are using will allow the support
staff to look at service logs that may have recorded information regarding
your connectivity trouble. By sending as much detail as possible, you are helping
improve this service so your access will be more readily available the next
time you want to use it. The following information is particularly helpful.
- Specific date, time, and location of your issue
(for example, "Monday, January 19th at 8:24pm, SW portion of Bodek Lounge in Houston Hall, next to corner pillar.")
- A description of what steps you took to verify the problem
(including whether this device has used AirPennNet successfully in the past)
- Your device's operating system, including version number
("Windows Vista, Service Pack 1," "Mac OS 10.5.4,", etc.)
- The wireless IP address assigned to your device, if known
- Your device's wireless MAC address, if known
- Your PennKey and your contact information (email, phone)
Support providers will also appreciate answers to these questions:
- Does your device work in other locations? If so, where?
- Do other devices work in the area in which yours has problems?