Every year the Center for Teaching and Learning asks experienced TAs to apply to help train new TAs. The Center needs students in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities to lead new TAs in workshops such as:
- Grading in the Humanities and Qualitative Social Sciences
- Grading in the Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences
- Grading in Engineering
- Leading Discussions in the Humanities
- Leading Discussions in Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences
- Teaching Problem Solving Recitations
- Being an Effective Lab TA
Trainers will prepare to train other TAs by participating in several day-long workshops. Applicants should expect to be available for several days in May and must be available during the entire week of August 18 – August 22. They will receive a $1,400 stipend.
2014 TA Training Application
Applications (which should include the applicant’s CV) are due Friday, February 21, 2014. You may send completed applications electronically to CTLtraining@sas.upenn.edu.
If you have questions about TA training contact Cathy Turner at 215.898.1686.