Every year the Center for Teaching and Learning asks experienced TAs to apply to help train new TAs. The Center needs students in the humanities, social sciences, sciences and engineering to lead new TAs in workshops such as:
- Grading in the Humanities and Qualitative Social Sciences
- Grading in the Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences
- Leading Discussions in the Humanities and Qualitative Social Sciences
- Leading Discussions in Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences
- Teaching Problem Solving Recitations
- Being an Effective Lab TA
- Leading Problem Solving Sessions in Engineering
Trainers will prepare to train other TAs by participating in several day-long workshops. Applicants should expect to be available for several days in May and must be available during the entire week of August 22 – August 26. They will receive a $1,500 stipend.
Workshop Leader Application 2016
Applications (which should include the applicant’s CV) are due Friday, February 12, 2016. You may send completed applications electronically to CTLtraining@sas.upenn.edu.
If you have questions about TA training contact Ian Petrie at 215.746.7677.