Deadline: February 3, 2014 at CURF
The Beinecke Scholarship is for students planning to obtain a PhD in the humanities, social sciences, or the arts. Each scholar receives $2,000 upon completion of their undergraduate studies, and a stipend of $15,000 for each of two years of graduate school.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Apply as junior
- have a history of receiving financial aid during their undergraduate years
- be a citizen of the U.S. at the time of the nomination
Application Procedures and Selection Criteria
Penn will nominate only one student per year for the Beinecke Scholarship. Application forms are available for download at http://foundationcenter.org/grantmaker/beinecke/application.html. The complete application (including recommendations and transcripts as below) need to reach CURF in hard-copy by the campus deadline.
- Application form
- Current resume
- Statement of 1,000 words or less from the nominee describing his or her background, interests, career plans, and plans for graduate study. Included in this statement should be a discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, aspirations and plans.
- Official transcripts of all colleges attended
- Three or more letters of recommendation from faculty members addressing the nominee’s intellectual curiosity, character and potential for advanced graduate study
Complete applications are due the first Monday in February
Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
3601 Locust Walk, The ARCH
Philadelphia, PA 19104
For appointments: 215-746-6488