- President's Engagement Prizes
- Fellowship Advising
- Fellowships Directory
- Endorsement Process for Rhodes, Marshall, and Mitchell
- Steps in the Fellowship Process
- Information Sessions and Workshops
- Learning Outcomes
- Letters of recommendation for fellowships
- Past Recipients
- Other Funding Resources
- UK Programs
Study Scholarship and Study Scholarship for Artists, Musicians, Actors and Dancers
Funds one full year of independent research or work for a master’s degree in Germany. Open to all subjects and does not require German language.
Eligibility and Qualifications
US or Canadian citizens or permanent resident. Foreign nationals are eligible if they have been full-time students at an accredited US or Canadian University for at least two years at the time of application.
Must have a bachelor’s degree at the beginning of the grant. May be a graduating senior, current graduate or professional student or recent alumnus (within than six years.)
Application Procedures and Selection Criteria
Applications are submitted through Penn coordinator, Judith Tjiattas, SAS. Additional advising is available from Cheryl Shipman, CURF.
Application consists of:
- Application form
- Supplementary materials (for music applicants)
- Study Proposal
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Evidence of contact with German institution
- German language form
Complete applications due to Penn coordinator November 15 for study scholarships and November 1 for arts applicants.