Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
Deadline: January 2, 2013
The Foundation awards undergraduate scholarships to students who have outstanding potential and intend to pursue careers in mathematics, natural or physical sciences, or engineering.
Each scholarship provides up to a maximum of $7,500 annually for up to two years of undergraduate study.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- plan careers as academic researchers/scholars in math, natural or physical sciences or engineering
- apply as a sophomore or junior
- be US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents with intent to become citizens
Application Procedures and Selection Criteria
To be considered for Penn endorsement, applicants should plan to complete the online application (including recommendations) by the first Monday in January.
Application consists of
- Description of current research
- Description of proposed graduate study and research
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty or research supervisors
Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
220 S. 40th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
For appointments: 215-746-6488