- Peter Bryan of Vienna, Va., a senior majoring in cognitive science and concentrating in neuroscience. He is applying to University College London for a master’s degree in computer science and machine learning.
- Audrey Harnagel of Park City, Utah, a senior majoring in biochemistry and philosophy. She is applying to the University of Cambridge for a master’s degree in history and philosophy of science and medicine.
- Jade Huynh, a senior from Whitehall, Pa., majoring in modern Middle Eastern studies. Huynh is applying to the University of Oxford for a master’s degree in forced migration and refugee studies.
- Angela Perfetti, a senior from Pittsburgh, Pa., majoring in modern Middle Eastern studies. She is applying to Durham University for a master’s degree in medical anthropology.
- Becky Sokolow, a 2015 College grad who majored in diplomatic history. Sokolow is applying to the University of Edinburgh for a master’s degree in international relations.
- Maanvi Singh, a 2013 College grad who majored in English with a journalism concentration and a minor in French. Singh is attending City University London for a master’s degree in international journalism.
- Elizabeth Thom, a 2014 College grad who majored in political science and Hispanic Studies. She is applying to the University of Oxford for a master’s degree in comparative social policy.
- Emily Zhang, a senior from Bryn Mawr, Pa., majoring in bioengineering with a minor in mathematics, and concentrating in finance and management. She will attend the University of Cambridge Judge Business School for a master’s degree in technology policy.
The Thouron Award, a graduate exchange program between Penn and British universities, aims to improve relations between the United States and the U.K. Scholarship winners each receive tuition and stipends for one or two years depending on the time required to earn a graduate degree. The Thouron Award was established and is supported by gifts from Sir John Thouron and the late Esther du Pont, Lady Thouron, of Unionville, Pa.
Graduating Penn seniors, current Penn graduate or professional students and recent Penn graduates who are U.S. citizens are eligible to apply. Additional information about the Thouron Award is at www.thouronaward.org/.