College House Research Fellows Program
Deadline: NOVEMBER 15, 2013
Call for Proposals!
The Office of College Houses and Academic Services announces that undergraduate proposals are now being accepted for the 2014-2015 College House Research Fellowship Program. A research proposal in any academic field may qualify for a fellowship; only one research fellow per College House will be selected to receive the $1,000 award, which will be paid over an 18 month period (January 2014 – May 2015).
Look for research-related workshops in the coming weeks, put together by your College House’s faculty and senior staff as well as current student Research Fellows (who were chosen last year). Beyond workshops, they are also available to meet with individual residents to answer questions on writing a research proposal, finding research resources, and identifying a faculty advisor for a student’s particular project interests.
Goals of the Program
- To involve more undergraduates in original research
- To provide instruction on how to put together a fellowship or research proposal
- To increase student contact with faculty inside and out of the College Houses
- To build intellectual community within and across the Houses
- To give students tools for success that they can use inside and outside of the classroom (not only writing and research, but also public presentation/speaking, peer mentoring, and event planning)
Complete and submit the application at http://www.collegehouses.upenn.edu/programs/chrf.asp , which should include your project proposal, by Friday, November 15, 2013 (or whatever date is suggested by your House). Some Houses may send out a slightly amended version of this application, which their residents should use instead. Winning proposals will be announced by the end of the Fall 2013 semester.