- Getting Started
- Ethics & Compliance
- Research Directory
- Preparing for a Research Consultation
- Research Consultations
- Finding a Faculty Mentor
- Research Peer Advisors
- Research Grants
- Summer Opportunities
- Humanities Internships
- Community Service Opportunities
- Featured Projects
- Recent Recipients
- Undergraduate Research Journals
CURF RESEARCH PEER ADVISORS
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (CURF) is seeking students who will be Juniors or Seniors during the 2014-2015 academic year to serve as Research Peer Advisors (RPAs) to the general Penn undergraduate community. RPAs work in all academic disciplines, so any Penn undergraduate who is engaged in research is encouraged to apply.
Research Peer Advisor responsibilities include:
- Be available via email (posted on the CURF web site) and at outreach events to advise aspiring undergraduate researchers on how to get started in research
- Share your experiences getting started in undergraduate research at CURFPreceptorials, Research Open Houses, Research Symposia, Workshops, and othe rCURF outreach events at the ARCH, in the College Houses, and across campus
- Work with the CURF Undergraduate Advisory Board to plan programs, provide feedback, conduct outreach, and identify faculty conducting research in order to strengthen undergraduate research culture at Penn
- Consult with CURF staff on outreach efforts and event planning
Interested students should complete the CURF Research Peer Advisor Application. Applications are due on May 15.
RPA selection typically occurs during Spring semester, but RPAs may be selected during Fall semester on a case-by-case basis. Interviews will be conducted with qualified candidates who most closely meet the program’s current needs.