- Getting Started
- Ethics & Compliance
- Research Directory
- Preparing for a Research Consultation
- Research Consultations
- Finding a Faculty Mentor
- Research Peer Advisors
- Research Grants
- Summer Opportunities
- Humanities Internships
- Community Service Opportunities
- Featured Projects
- Recent Recipients
- Undergraduate Research Journals
CURF RESEARCH PEER ADVISORS
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (CURF) seeks current undergraduate researchers to serve as Research Peer Advisors (RPAs) to the general Penn undergraduate community during the 2014-2015 academic year. RPAs work in all academic disciplines, so any Penn undergraduate who is engaged in research is encouraged to apply.
Research Peer Advisor responsibilities include:
- Be available via email (posted on the CURF web site) and at outreach events to advise aspiring undergraduate researchers on how to get started in research
- Share your experiences getting started in undergraduate research at CURF Preceptorials, Research Open Houses, Research Symposia, Workshops, and other CURF outreach events at the ARCH, in the College Houses, and across campus
- Work with the CURF Undergraduate Advisory Board to plan programs, provide feedback, conduct outreach, and identify faculty conducting research in order to strengthen undergraduate research culture at Penn
- Consult with CURF staff on outreach efforts and event planning
Interested students should complete the CURF Research Peer Advisor Application. Applications are due on Sunday, September 14.
Interviews will be conducted with qualified candidates who most closely meet the program’s current needs.