- Getting Started
- Ethics & Compliance
- Research Directory
- Preparing for a Research Consultation
- Research Consultations
- Finding a Faculty Mentor
- Research Peer Advisors
- Research Grants
- Summer Opportunities
- Humanities Internships
- Community Service Opportunities
- Featured Projects
- Recent Recipients
- Undergraduate Research Journals
Fulbright Summer InstitutesDEADLINE: February 23, 2016
The 2016 program deadline is either 23 or 26 February 2016, and varies by Fulbright Summer Institute.
The US-UK Fulbright Commission offers special Summer Institutes for US citizens to come to the UK. These summer programs provide the opportunity for US undergraduates (aged over 18), with at least two years of undergraduate study left to complete, to come to the UK on a fully-funded three, four, five or six week academic and cultural summer program.
Each Program varies in duration, from three to six weeks, and offers students a fantastic opportunity for first and second year American university students to be immersed in the study of British academia and culture. Students will take part in cultural events, research, collaboration, and presentation at an esteemed British University.
Students from all areas of study are encouraged to apply. There are eight Summer Institutes, each of which will cover a different theme. These institutes include:
-AIFS Summer Institute at Shakespeare’s Globe
-Durham University Summer Institute
-King’s College London Summer Institute
-University of Bristol Summer Institute
-University of Exeter Summer Institute
-Queen’s University Belfast
-Scotland Summer Institute
-Wales Summer Institute
To meet the minimum eligibility, applicants must:
- be a US citizen (resident anywhere except the UK) and possess a US passport;
- be at least 18 years old;
- have a high level of academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.5 (confirmed by academic marks, awards and references);
- have completed no more than two years of university study; i.e. applicants should currently be a Freshman or Sophomore in college/university;
- be mature, responsible, independent, and open-minded;
The Awards will cover the majority of all costs incurred, including flights to and from the UK, university fees, and room and board at the host UK University.
Applications for the 2016 Summer Institute Awards are due either 23 or 26 February 2016 – depending on the Institute. Please make sure to check the specific Institute page for the particular deadline.
Specific details about the UK Summer Institute Awards can be found at: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/fulbright-awards/exchanges-to-the-uk/undergraduates