Much of the work of the Faculty Senate is done through an elected Senate Executive Committee (SEC) and a set of standing committees. Membership on SEC and the standing committees are mutually exclusive of each other. On behalf of the faculty, members of SEC and the various committees engage in substantive investigation and consideration of matters of import with the University administration.
SEC is comprised of 36 faculty members, each of whom represent a different constiutency of the faculty. Please contact your SEC representativevdirectly to learn more about the SEC's ongoing work.
SEC maintains oversight over its standing committees:
- Senate Committee on Academic Freedom and Responsibility (SCAFR)
- Senate Committee on Committees
- Senate Committee on Economic Status of the Faculty (SCESF)
- Senate Committee on Faculty and the Academic Mission (SCOF)
- Senate Committee on Faculty and the Administration (SCOA)
- Senate Committee on Faculty Development, Diversity, and Equity (SCFDDE)
- Senate Committee on Publication Policy for Almanac
- Senate Committee on Students and Educational Policy (SCSEP)
- Senate Nominating Committee