M&TSI introduces students to the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for successfully linking technology and management concepts. By participating in coursework and other activities, M&TSI students will:
- Explore engineering and business disciplines, as well as academic and career opportunities available in the fields of engineering and business
- Create a prototype of a high technology product and present it at a product fair
- Visit business enterprises in order to explore the qualities essential to managing a technology-oriented firm
- Work with a small team of talented and diverse students on group projects and case studies
- Participate in seminars designed to stimulate novel ways of thinking, encourage risk taking, and necessitate reliance on the group's collective knowledge to solve complex problems
- Learn about Penn and Philadelphia
M&TSI students live on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania. Evening and weekend activities include recreational and cultural trips designed to provide a truly East Coast and Ivy League experience. To view the 2014 syllabus and schedule, .