For Valentine's Day, host David Dye has collected love songs and classic duets from days gone by for a special Saturday edition of "The World Cafe." There's plenty more music to love during the regular weekday-afternoon editions as well. Featured artists performing during the next two weeks:
- Thursday, Feb. 12: singer/songwriter David Poe
- Friday, Feb. 13: legendary jazz producer Joel Dorn
- Valentine's Day: love songs and classic duets from days gone by
- Monday, Feb. 16: Paul Schwartz and Mario Grigorov of the ambient/pop/classical group Aria, talking with Michaela Majoun about their debut album
- Tuesday, Feb. 17: Aaron Levinson of Rykodisc Latino discusses his label's new releases.
- Wednesday, Feb. 18: singer/songwriter Garrison Starr
- Thursday, Feb. 19: Dye explores the Los Angeles Electronica Undergound.
- Friday, Feb. 20: singer/songwriter Steve Forbert
- Monday, Feb. 23: producer and executive Phil Walden talks about his years at Capricorn Records
- Tuesday, Feb. 24: Jimi Mbaye, former lead guitarist for Youssou N'dour, now fronting his own band
- Wednesday, Feb. 25: a salute to this year's Grammy Award nominees
"The World Cafe", which is heard on over 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN-FM (88.5) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays and on Valentine's Day. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Originally published on February 12, 1998