Phoebe Snow can't complain -- and neither can "World Cafe" listeners when the legendary singer-songwriter visits host David Dye to discuss her new album on April 10. Encore performances by Alana Davis and Loudon Wainwright III and a salute to the national pastime are among the other highlights of the next two weeks:
- Thursday, April 2: Thirsty Ear recording artist Robert Wyatt performs material from his album "Shleep"
- Friday, April 3: David Dye welcomes Steve Forbert to Tongue & Groove for a special session
- Monday, April 6: Encore presentation of Loudon Wainwright III's studio visit
- Tuesday, April 7 : Interview with power-popper Richard X. Heyman featuring music from his new Permanent Press album, "Cornerstone"
- Wednesday, April 8: Salute to Opening Day: Songs celebrating baseball
- Thursday, April 9: Pete Belasco performs music from his Verve Forecast debut album, "Get It Together"
- Friday, April 10: Phoebe Snow talks with Dye about her latest project, "I Can't Complain"
- Monday, April 13: An encore presentation of Alana Davis' studio visit
- Tuesday, April 14: Special to be announced
- Wednesday, April 15: The Mighty Blue Kings drop by the studio
"The World Cafe", which is heard on more than 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN-FM (88.5) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Originally published on April 2, 1998