- Eduardo Glandt, Russell Pearce and Elizabeth Crimian Heuer Professor of Chemical Engineering, has been named Interim Dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Science. Glandt did his graduate work at Penn, and joined the faculty upon earning his Ph.D. in 1997. Known internationally for his work in applying advances in molecular science to chemical engineering, he has won awards for his teaching and is a member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- Thomas M. Seamon has been appointed Vice President for Public Safety. Seamon has been the Managing Director of Public Safety here since 1995, and had served 26 years with the Philadelphia Police Department, where he rose to the rank of Deputy Commissioner of Operations.
- Kristin Davidson has moved to the College as Director of Administrative Affairs from the School of Nursing, where she served as assistant dean.
- Douglas R. Berger has been named Director of Housing and Conference Services, which administers student room assignments, billing and other campus residential services. He brings 15 years of experience in administering campus residence halls at Kent State and Ohio State.
- Peg Lacey is joining Penn as Managing Director of Campus Dining. She comes to Penn after serving as Regional Vice President of Campus Services for Aramark since 1997. Her responsibilities here will include oversight of Dining Services as well as Penn's vending and on-campus retail food operations.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page
Originally published on September 17, 1998