Where's a hungry student to eat on a night on the town? Mainly somewhere somewhat international - Japanese, Chinese and Mexican. Here's where some of the strollers down Locust Walk like to dig in.
- ZACHARY LODNER, COLLEGE, CLASS OF '02 "Genji's the spot. The sushi is awesome."
- NATHAN THOMPSON, COLLEGE, CLASS OF '99 "I guess the New Deck. The menu's not bad and you can enjoy a beer with it."
- SOLOMON STEPLIGHT, ENGINEERING AND APPLIED SCIENCE, MASTER'S "I never eat out. I cook. I learned my lesson. I don't have enough money to eat out."
- JULIE FITZPATRICK, COLLEGE, CLASS OF '99 "The White Dog. It's a nice place to eat. I like the atmosphere. It's comfortable. If your family's in, it's a nice place to go."
- DAFINA STEWART, COLLEGE, CLASS OF '01 Actually, I like Won's. It's on 40th Street. They have good food and the service is pretty good.
- DAVID TOTURGUL, COLLEGE, CLASS OF'99 "The Hong Kong Cafe. It's reasonably priced and the food is really good. They're more generous with everything, with appetizers, and they're really friendly, too."
- MELISSA WONG, COLLEGE, CLASS OF '01 "Beijing. I like Chinese food and it's a lot like home. It's clean, the prices are reasonable, a lot of people go there, it's very convenient."
- JOSH CHESTER, ENGINEERING AND APPLIED SCIENCE, CLASS OF '01 "Mad 4 Mex. I like the food. It's cheap. The service is kind of bad, but everyone goes there just to have fun and it's a really fun atmosphere."
- JIYOON KIM, COLLEGE, CLASS OF '01 "Chili's. I like their nachos and their appetizers and soups."
- JOHN MCKENZIE, WHARTON, CLASS OF '01 "The White Dog is nice. I don't go there a lot because it's kind of expensive, but if I had the money I'd go there all the time."
- JOHN HORROCKS, ENGINEERING AND APPLIED SCIENCE, CLASS OF '99 "Colonial Pizza. The prices are cheap and the food's good."
- PETER HICKS, WHARTON, CLASS OF '01 "Mad 4 Mex is nice. The ambience is cool."
- RAFAEL BLANES, COLLEGE, CLASS OF '01 "Genji. I like Japanese food and it's good food at a good price."
Next issue - Our reporter on Locust Walk asks, "What's your favorite new TV show of the fall season?"
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page | What's On
Originally published on October 1, 1998