No, it's not an end-of-model-year clearance - it's just some very special guests dropping in at "The World Cafe" these next two weeks with new releases, plus a special anniversary visit from David Byrne and a live performance from the Keswick Theater in Glenside by the Mavericks. Here's the complete rundown:
- Thursday, Oct. 15 Sub-Pop recording artists The Spinanes chat with host David Dye and perform selections from their latest release, "Arches and Aisles"
- Friday, Oct. 16 Cracker visits the studio for a mini-concert featuring work from their new album, "Gentleman's Blues"
- Monday, Oct. 19 An encore performance of Francis Dunnery's studio visit
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 Singer/songwriter/children's book author Kate Jacobs stops by for an interview and songs from her newest release, "Hydrangea"
- Wednesday, Oct. 21 Houston's Mary Cutrufello discusses and performs songs from her new album, "Until the Night is Through"
- Thursday, Oct. 22 Philadelphia singer/songwriter Susan Werner visits the studio to talk about her new Bottom Line release, "Time Between Trains"
- Friday, Oct. 23 The Cafe celebrates the 10th anniversary of Luaka Bop with a visit from David Byrne
- Monday, Oct. 26 An encore presentation of Neil Finn's studio visit
- Tuesday, Oct. 27 To be announced
- Wednesday, Oct. 28 The Mavericks talk to host David Dye and give a live performance from the Keswick Theater
"The World Cafe," which is heard on more than 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN-FM (88.5) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page
Originally published on October 15, 1998