Cabaret, blues, jazz, hip-hop, rock, country - you name it, "The World Cafe" has it on the menu these next few weeks. Here's what you can look forward to for the rest of the month:
- THURSDAY, NOV. 12 Singer/songwriter Sinead Lohan drops by to talk about and perform songs from her new album, "No Mermaid"
- FRIDAY, NOV. 13 The long, tall Texan, Lyle Lovett, performs music from his new album, "Step Inside This House"
- MONDAY, NOV. 16 An encore presentation of Susan Werner's studio visit
- TUESDAY, NOV. 17 G.Love and John Hammond visit the Cafe studio
- WEDNESDAY, NOV. 18 David Dye welcomes the singer/songwriter team The Kennedys and Vancouver's Stephen Fearing to the studio for two interviews and performances
- THURSDAY, NOV. 19 Almo Sounds recording artist Gillian Welch plays tunes from her latest release, "Hell Among the Yearlings"
- FRIDAY, NOV. 20 Son Volt discuss and perform songs from their Warner Bros. album, "Wide Swing Tremelo"
- MONDAY, NOV. 23 An encore presentation of The Mavericks' Keswick Theatre performance
- TUESDAY, NOV. 24 Cabaret sensation Virginia Rodrigues visits the studio to perform and discuss her new album, "Sol Negro"
- WEDNESDAY, NOV. 25 Brian Setzer discusses his latest project, "The Dirty Boogie"
- THURSDAY, NOV. 26 No singing allowed! It's a special all-instrumental "World Cafe"
- FRIDAY, NOV. 27 Blues phenom Keb' Mo' drops by for a performance featuring work from his new album, "Slow Down"
- MONDAY, NOV. 30 An encore presentation of Shawn Mullins' Cafe visit
- TUESDAY, DEC. 1 Medeski, Martin and Wood jazz up the studio with music from their latest, "Combustication"
- WEDNESDAY, DEC. 2 An interview with Dada, who perform material from their new, self-titled album
"The World Cafe", which is heard on more than 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN-FM (88.5) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page
Originally published on November 12, 1998