In addition to removing your Social Security number to protect your privacy, your new pay stub is easier to understand. Here are some of the main improvements:
1. For weekly-paid employees, the stub shows remaining paid time off. Mr. Name N. Name, the owner of this stub, has 11 days of paid time off left.
2. Mr. N. has just over four days of sick leave remaining.
3. Your federal tax status—married or single—and the number of exemptions go here.
All deductions information is now in one section:
4. Mr. N. has Keystone and MetLife. So far this year, $152.70 has gone to those plans.
5. The tax total includes Social Security, federal withholding tax, state tax and Medicare.